Community Seed Swap
Celebrate gardening and nature with a winter nature event!
A sustainable, resilient community often includes seed/plant sharing and definitely includes neighbors getting to meet each other over common interests. These ideas have inspired us to host a seed swap event for our community, with a few bonus learning, sharing, and supporting-local opportunities.
- Learn about saving seeds, as well as collecting them from the wild, from expert growers and naturalists.
- Be part of collective seed orders to save money and get the opportunity to try something new.
- And of course swap! We will have tables and labels set up to sort out seeds, garden supplies, and even houseplant divisions.
What to bring:
- Seeds for which you know the variety and source to share - may include opened or unopened packages of commercial seed or seeds collected and saved by you or a friend.
- A list of the seeds you are specifically looking for as well as a maybe and/or wish list
- Questions about gardening in general
- Houseplant cuttings and starts to share
- Clean gardening tools, durable pots/planters, small garden décor, and gardening supplies (Please don't bring plastic pots that "crinkle"!)
What will be provided:
- Labels and markers
- Small envelopes and bags for dividing seeds
- Smiley, happy new gardening friends